Dharamshala is a city in the upper reaches of the Kangra Valley and is surrounded by dense coniferous forest consisting mainly of stately Deodar cedar trees. The suburbs include McLeodGanj, Bhagsunath, Dharamkot, Naddi, ForsythGanj, Kotwali Bazaar (the main market), Kaccheri Adda (government offices such as the court, police, post, etc.), Dari, Ramnagar, Sidhpur, and Sidhbari (where the Karmapa is based).
The village of McLeodGanj, lying in the upper reaches, is known worldwide for the presence of the Dalai Lama. On 29 April 1959, the 14th Dalai Lama (Tenzin Gyatso) established the Tibetan exile administration in the north Indian hill station of Mussoorie. In May 1960, the Central Tibetan Administration (CTA) was moved to Dharamshala.
Dharamshala Weekend Tour Package Itinerary
Day 1:- Pathankot - Dharamshala
Pick up from Pathankot Railway station or Kangra Airport and transfer to Hotel in Mcleodganj Include sightseeing around Mcleodganj and Bhagsunag (Bhagsunag temple, Water fall, Dalai Lama temple, St.John Church and Naddi). Over night stay in Mcleodganj.
Day 2:- Dharamshala- Mcleodganj Local Sightseeing
Sightseeing's of Dalai lama Temple, Dal lake, Bhagsunag temple, waterfall and Naddi the view point and famous for the sunset, Cricket stadium and also visit the Mcleodganj, it almost seems you've stepped into Tibet, evening back to hotel.
Day 3:- Sightseeing's of Kangra valley
Visit kangra fort, amazing piece of architecture built high upon spur of a hill overlooking a beautiful river valley. Visit Brijeshwari temple, Chamunda Devi temple, tapovan and kangra art museum, and evening back to hotel
Day 4:- Transfer from Dharamshala to Pathankot
Drive back to Pathankot railway station or Kangra Airport.
- 3 Nights accommodation on twin sharing basis.
- 3 breakfasts and 3 Dinner in Hotel.
- Transport services by an exclusive vehicle as per itinerary.
- Cab for Delhi to Delhi.
- Check In & Check Out Time 12:00 Noon.
- Any monument entry fees / camera fees.
- Any meal, which is not mentioned above.
- Any guide charges.
- Any air / train fare
- 3.50% Government service tax extra.
The rates are subjects to change without any prior notice.
Accommodation in the itinerary at the mentioned hotels or the similar hotels.
FOR HONEYMOONERS SPECIAL :-
- 1,250/- Extra Per Couple /Deluxe/Super Deluxe.
- 2,250/- Extra Per Couple /Luxury.
- 3,500/- Extra Per Couple /Grand.
- Honeymoon Cake in room on arrival.
- Flower Bed Decoration Once during the stay ( Subject to availability).
- Candle light dinner once during the stay.
- Daily Kesar Milk for the Couple at Night.